I love fried zucchini. Ever since I fell in love with Italian cuisine as a little girl, I would order fried zucchini as an appetizer everywhere I could. This week I decided to revisit my childhood obsession. Here I tested out a combination of deep frying and baking for extra crispiness. I also threw in an easy sriracha yoghurt dip recipe for added flavor to this beloved snack.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Panko bread crumbs
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 zucchini (sliced as you wish)
- 1 cup of non-fat Greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp sriracha sauce
- Garlic powder, salt, and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for deep frying
1. Slice zucchini into thin pieces
2. coat them in egg then dip in panko bread crumbs
3. Place in pan with oil and deep fry for about 30 seconds on each side
4. Place fried zucchini on a plate with paper towl to soak up excess oil
5. Prepare oven at 300 degrees F and transfer fried zucchini on a baking tray and bake for up to 10 minutes, or until at desired level of crispiness.
6. Remove zucchini from oven. Allow time to cool.
7. Prepare sriracha yoghurt dip, adding 1 tbsp of sriracha sauce into yoghurt with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well.