Quite delicious. They may be little, but these sliders are show stoppers without a doubt. They're full of flavor and easy to make. You can even prepare the burgers days in advance, store them in the freezer, and then take them out when you're ready. All you have to do is heat them in the oven and decorate them with all the toppings you desire. I used my famous Greek yoghurt feta dip as a delectable spread for the slider buns. These turkey burgers are also topped with baby arugula dipped in a refreshing lemon white wine vinaigrette dressing. What's not to love? Keep reading for the full recipe.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Food processor
- 2 packs of organic ground turkey
- 1 medium to large yellow onion
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- EVOO as needed
- Slider buns
- A handful of baby arugula
- 1 lemon (to squeeze for lemon juice)
- 1 tbsp of white wine vinaigrette
- Greek yoghurt feta dip
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. To prepare the turkey burgers, chop onion and garlic in a food processor.
2. Mix ground turkey with onion, garlic, eggs, and bread crumbs in a bowl. Stir until all ingredients are mixed evenly.
3. Portion ground turkey mix using a large spoon into slider sized burgers.Transfer on a pre-heated pan with some EVOO. Let it sit under medium/ high heat until both sides are cooked through.
4. To prepare the baby arugula topping, wash a handful of arugula with water. Dry and set aside in a small bowl.
5. Stir in lemon juice, white wine vinaigrette, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Toast burger buns and spread a generous amount of Greek yoghurt feta dip on buns.
7. Insert sliders on the buns, top with baby arugula.