Make This Simple Power Green Rigatoni Pesto Using Just 6 Wholesome Ingredients
My pasta obsession started very early on, and I don't quite see it ever going away. So when I stumbled upon a recipe for avocado basil pesto from Pasta-based, I immediately felt the need to create this guilt-free dish. Not only is it wonderful because of the avocados; it's also salt free, oil free, and vegan. It can't get any better than that. This genius recipe uses just six simple ingredients to create a flavorful authentic pesto. It goes wonderfully with a macaroni pasta. I actually think I like this version of a pesto better than your standard pesto. Keep reading to find out everything you need to know.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Food Processor
- 1 ripe avocado
- A handful of basil
- 4 cloves of garlic (Pasta-based suggests 2 but I love garlic!)
- 1/3 cup of cashews
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- Pasta of your choice (this pesto also goes great as a spread with grilled chicken or salmon!)
1. Boil water for pasta
2. Insert all ingredients into food processor.
3. Mix for 2 minutes
4. Cook pasta
5. Add pesto sauce to pasta. Garnish with parmesan cheese and/or small basil leaves. Serve.
*(Note: when storing food for later, keep pasta and pesto separate. When you prepare the leftovers, heat up pasta by itself and then add pesto sauce. aka. do not heat up avocado pesto sauce).